Beets are a beauty food. Packed with nutrients necessary for a youthful, glowing complexion, beets not only offer a sufficient amount of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, but also support a healthy digestive system.
- Beets are rich in iron, potassium, niacin, copper and Vitamin C, in addition to manganese, magnesium, calcium, zinc, folic acid. Each of these nutrients are essential for beauty.
- Magnesium is considered a natural “relaxant”, and stress aid. Magnesium relaxes the skeletal and smooth muscles of the body, including the intestines. Stress, and other variables, causes these muscles to contract making it more challenging for the body to get rid of toxins. A relaxed digestive tract allows the body to pass waste more easily. When the body holds onto waste it ferments, decays, and putrefies. This creates an environment for unfriendly bacteria to cultivate and release toxic byproducts. Many of these toxins will be eventually eliminated via the skin.
- Beets naturally stimulate digestion and help to move out old waste materials from within the porous piping of the intestinal tract. This helps to free the body from excess toxins.
- Beets are high in plant fiber.
- Beets cleanse the blood, and liver. The skin is one of the backup organs for the liver and kidneys. When the liver is overloaded with toxins, it will eliminate what it cannot handle through the skin. The blood visits all of the internal organs. Unclean blood affects all of the organs, including the kidneys and liver, thus affecting the skin.
- Beets contain betaine. Betaine is a molecule that aids in the detoxification process by helping to neutralize otherwise poisonous metals and substances.
- Beets are considered anti-inflammatory, and help to ease inflammation.
- Beets are alkaline, and help contribute to homeostasis and balance in the body.
- Beets are also highly beneficial in managing hormonal imbalances. Hormonal imbalances contribute to stress and skin problems
- Beets are a valuable source of enzymes.
Enjoy beets raw, baked, or roasted. I love this Roasted Beet and Carrot Ginger Dressing recipe.
If you are afraid of, or have had bad experiences with beets, it is probably because they were prepared incorrectly, soggy, strangely sweet, and metallic.
Enjoy these deliciously sweet root vegetables.
Enjoy superior health, and beautiful skin.
Looking to improve your skin, health, and body? At GLOW, I work with health and beauty conscious clientele looking to reverse aging, improve and clear skin, enhance digestion, increase energy, improve their overall health, and get the body they have always wanted.
In celebration of my birthday this week, I am welcoming on new clients with a limited time special savings package. Check out the details. I only have 12 more spaces available!