Whoops. I’ve been missing again.
Who knew life could be so very busy? In the midst of my daily obligations, I have also been trying to check things off my “Wedding To Do List.” I am excited to share details as we get closer.
It is currently 110 degrees in Dallas, and while B and I are busy with our own work loads, the kids are out of school and spending time with their friend and nanny, Miss Manning.
We’ve got the menu options planned, the snacks aligned, and the a/c buzzing at what I like to think is a “energy saving” temperature. Of course, the nutritionist in me is always trying to teach nutrition one step at a time, and this time around, Diabetes is a very hot topic.
With the heat glaring down, it can be hard to catch a break. The body desires a cool beverage… and being that it is summer time, a fun beverage!
So here is Miss Manning’s Raw Virgin Margarita for the summer months. This drink is great for kids too, believe it or not!
Sweet. Tangy. Low sugar. Low cal. Iced to perfection.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (This time around I used unpasteurized lemon juice from Whole Foods, but you can squeeze your own. I usually do)
- 1 squirt of lime juice from a lime wedge (a traditional margarita is, yes… limes… but I prefer lemons)
- 3/4+ cool water
- 2-3 packets of your favorite Stevia (I used NuStevia)
- 1 generous squirt of Agave Nectar *optional
- Pack your blender with about 10 ice cubes… this will inevitably vary depending on size of the cube. Blend until the mixture is a slushy consistency.
- Garnish your serving glass with 5 slices of freshly sliced limes, and a lemon slice
Serve it up!
The positives? This drink is a fun and sweet way to cool off and relax after a long day of chasing tails. Even better–the majority of this beverage is sweetened with Stevia, so it is very low in both sugar and calories. This mix is a much healthier alternative to mass marketed Margarita drinks and is a wonderful substitute for Margarita parties.
What is your favorite iced cold beverage?