I love green salads.
Freshly chopped n’tossed greens are rich in essential minerals and vitamins that aim to nourish every cell in our body, and are also a great source of hydrating H2O, and active enzymes. Enzymes help us to breakdown food, and digest and eliminate internal waste and debris. They are absolutely essential for life, and one of the secrets to a beautiful complexion, and a youthful glow.
With summer approaching and the grills firing up, not every hot body thinks to remember the importance of greenery when faced with sweet frozen “beverages,” grilled meats, and chips and salsa. However, with the sun pounding down, and the temptations at our fingertips, it is vital that our body and skin receive the raw nutrients it needs to stay beautiful, energized, and healthy.
What’s a social guy or gal to do?
If you are headed to a party that is not too keen on greens– please do not be shy. Bring along your own creation to share! You don’t have to be the one with the boring salad… just highlight the accessories!
The flavorful toppings!
Over Memorial Day weekend we whipped up a fun and refreshing salad. Salad Numero 2 was far from puny, packed with color, and flaunted surprising flavor with ever bite. So glad everyone loved it!
Sweet. Spicy. Crunchy. Pungent. Refreshing. Citrusy.
You give it a go.
Toss the following ingredients with juice of 1-2 lemons and 2+ tbsp olive oil:
- 2 large heads of organic romaine, chopped
- 1 tbsp of freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 ears of corn, cut from the cob
- 2 cans hearts of palm, rinsed in cool water, dried, and cut into medallions (jars preferred)
- 2 roasted red peppers, preferably organic, sliced long ways, and then again, horizontally
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved (add last, their juice will make the salad soggy)
- Juice of 1/2 large lemons + 1 whole lime
- Sprinkle with pink sea salt to taste…