Ah, yes… The Evil Step Mom.
Yup. I am so evil that we had to have very Chocolatey-Chocolate Chip Pancakes for dinner the other night. Tragic.
A few weeks ago, I had bought whole wheat pancake mix from the bulk section in Whole Foods. I tried to follow their directions*, and honestly, the pancakes came out dense (not “bad-bad”, but dense and awkward). I bet they sat like (less offensive) rocks in the kids’ stomaches.
This time around however, I decided not follow directions (my usual MO) and do things my way– by eye. The kids did not believe that I could make whole wheat pancakes taste good– even dessert like… until they tasted these Double Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Oh. and this recipe would be tasty without the chocolate chips– which make this recipe non-vegan).
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pancake mix (I am sure you can purchase any wholesome whole grain pancake mix– look for minimal ingredients– no eggs needed).
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 packets powdered NuStevia
- 12 drops Alcohol-Free, Liquid Vanilla NuStevia
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (60% cocoa)
- *(The actual ingredients called for 2 tbsp of milk and a few tbsp of oil).